Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Early Phase of Your Instagram Account: Everything that you were doing wrong

No worries, it happens to all of us.

  • Bad filters. Using the ones on the Instagram app, really obnoxious ones that do absolutely nothing, etc. You see these bright colors and cool effects and instantly think that it would be a great idea to put those on your pic, no matter how odd it may look in the end 
  • Excessive amounts of one type of pic. The most common is selfies, but it can also include collages, using the same filter every time and making it obvious, food pics, #mcm's, #wcw's, #tbt's (every single week), etc. This is because we all love to get our pics out there and find every trend on Instagram and use it in excess for the first few months or weeks of our account
  • Dumb bios. This includes: excessive emojis, useless facts, anything that makes you sound like a sixth grader, really. Everyone wants the chance to describe their selves to the world of Insta.
  • Captioning selfies with deep, emotional quotes. I think this one needs no explanation
  • Duck face. People don't do this anymore. Please don't.
  • A weird username. I have changed my username on Instagram to something a lot better and less childish, ya feel. This may include dragging out the last letter of your name or something (that's what I did). 
Do you guys relate to this! I feel a little embarrassed because I actually did all of these things from probably March 2013 (when I made my account) until August 2013 (I had my slip-ups here and there). 

Hope you liked this! More posts on the way (:

No comments:

Post a Comment