Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kayaking Adventures!

Until about 11 a.m. today, I had never been in a kayak. Never in a one-person boat before, either. And, I have to say, that I was stupid to not have done it earlier. At first, I was scared to the point of panic mode of tipping over, but the kayak was actually really sturdy. After I had been on the lake and in the kayak for a while, I realized how fun it is! At the summer camp that I went to this year, there was kayaking, and I will definitely kayak next year when I go back. I went kayaking with my friend who is going off to college in the fall, Almond Joy (again, not her real name). We're thinking of going back tomorrow to kayak the whole perimeter of the lake. There was even a little cup holder on the seat in the kayak! Almond Joy brought out her can of Diet Sierra Mist. They were also surprisingly roomy. I was able to move my legs around quite a bit, not that I did very much, because I didn't really want to tip over. It was only 73 degrees out, and a dip in the lake was not necessary today. If you haven't seen, I just got my FIRST READER COMMENT on my first blog post!!! As you probably can tell, I am THRILLED!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment