Friday, August 31, 2012

A Grand Surprise

There's something absolutely awesome about a group of twelve and thirteen year old girls gathering at a lake to give one friend a really big surprise. August 29th was one of my really good friend's, Fishy Cracker, birthday-her thirteenth birthday-and her mom really wanted to do something special. So, with some quiet phone calls and secret emails, a surprise party was arranged. We all hid behind a tree and screamed SURPRISE really loud right when we saw her. There was a false alarm a little earlier, and during our moment of complete and utter silence, I whistle the four note mockingjay whistle from The Hunger Games. Everyone burst out laughing.

During the party, I tie dyed a couple of shirts, made a few attempts at kayaking in these blow up kayaks  that were borrowed from a friend of the family who was throwing the party, and, of course, laughed a ton.

The fiasco of the day was definitely trying to fit three people in a two person kayak. It was the birthday girl, Fishy Cracker, me, Zinni, and one of my best friends, Manning. Us three girls crammed into the blow up kayak, and ended up going in circles and drifting in the direction we didn't want to go in. We all got super wet, and I got the thrill of being in the middle of Fishy Cracker and Manning. I kept sliding back into Manning's lap, and we started to obnoxiously chuckle. Then we came to our senses and realized that we were drifting out farther and farther. With a little bit of screaming, whacking each other with the makeshift oars, and a lot of paddling, we made it back with no serious injuries.

Fishy Cracker was really surprised, and I never thought that we could trick her. Now there are five days until the first day of JUNIOR HIGH (not counting today), and I am super excited. I am confident that it will be crazy awesome!

For now, this is it from my side of the computer screen.

Keep on blogging, reading blogs, and smiling,

Zinni

No comments:

Post a Comment