Saturday, August 25, 2012
Somethin' To Squeal About: The Annual County Fair
Every year, there is a county fair where I live. Rides, animals, and deep fried foods, oh my! This time, I went with one of my really good friends, her four brothers and sisters, and their parents. It was a little crazy, but also really fun.
The friend that I went with had entered two things in the fair. The first thing was a red vest, and she won first place on that. She says it's because she was the only person in her age group that entered something in the vest category, but it still looked like something that you could easily buy at a store. The second thing that she entered was a polka dotted, drawstring octopus bag which she made. It not only won first place, but it also got the "Unique" award and a huge ribbon, but I can't remember what that one said on it.
After we had found and examined all of her things, we embarked on our adventure to go and see the animals. Chickens, miniature ponies, llamas, goats, sheep, cows, and pigs! In the pig barn, there were the sweetest brown piglets. I took quite a few pictures during our excursion.
And the fun continues, because after we were done putzin' around the animal barns, we headed to the Pavillion. At the fair every year, the Pavillion is lined with rows and rows of booths for local companies and such. And, at many of those booths, are items that you can get for free. Needless to say, the adults went to chat with a friend who was a vendor, and the kids ran wild! I came home with a re-usable shopping bag bearing the name Xfinity (as in Comcast), a super cool Geico water bottle, a tiny box of Nerds candy, two Jolly Ranchers, two pads of Post-It notes (one from the local credit union and another from a networking company), two pens (another from the credit union and one from a different cable company), and a red key chain from an agent at State Farm Insurance.
But wait, there's more! To end our fabulous day, we got gigantic soft-serve ice cream cones from a booth really close to the Pavillion. They were delicious!
I probably should include why our county fair is "Somethin' To Squeal About!" Well, along with the fair every year, there is a different theme to go with it. This year, it was "Somethin' To Squeal About," and featured a cowboy riding a pig on all of the ads for it.
Just another YOLO experience!!! I have got to have many more by the time that summer is over. But, for now, I will end this blog post and bid my readers a goodbye for the day :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment