Friday, November 1, 2013

Lovely November...

Happy first day of a brand new month! November 2013! What are your plans and goals for this month? Do you have a checklist of things that must be done before Thanksgiving week rolls around? Or are you taking this month to chill and just enjoy the last month that it still feels like fall outside.

Around my hood (well, more like my cul de sac. I just kind of went with it), half of the leaves are on the ground. The other half are clinging to the trees desperately. I have loved fall this year, and I want to make the most of this month.

This upcoming Monday marks the beginning of second quarter at my school. First quarter flew by. This quarter's highlights include: Winter break, first semester Finals Week, boys basketball season, all kinds of holiday-like activities, the start of 2014, and student-led conferences. In case you don't have those at your school, I'll give you the gist of it. Students present a PowerPoint to their parents (the subject that it's about differs by grade level. This year, my PowerPoint had to be on My Future. Colleges, careers, etc.) at a scheduled time after school in their homeroom classroom. The week of Thanksgiving is a week full of short days (all of the junior highs in my school district get released from school at 10:30 on these days), and, of course, no school on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

Other than that, I am hoping to get some good posts up this month. Do you like my new background? I don't know if you've noticed, but I change the background on the first day of every month, or as close as I can after that day! What would you guys like to see?

And, also, I am adding a "Find Me!" gadget on my blog (like the About Me, Translate, etc.). It will have all of my social media usernames and links if possible :)

Happy November everyone! Thanks for sticking with the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment