I hate it.
With a fiery passion.
Homework.
I've had quite a bit of it this month, and getting to bed at a "reasonable time" is no longer within my grasp. This has been the cause of my absence from the blog for a week!
And now, how to deal with it!
- Start no more than 30 minutes after you get home. Whether it's 30 minutes after getting off the bus or coming home from sports practice, you DO NOT want to wait too long to start.
- Prioritize. What is due at the end of the week, what is due 3 days from now, what is due tomorrow. Get done what HAS to be done TOMORROW first.
- Easiest first. Do the note taking, worksheets, and math problems BEFORE you have to move on to the things that could be most stressful and most time-consuming. This way, you won't get done with the larger homework items and forget about the smaller ones.
- Take little breaks. These should occur every hour for simple homework, and every 45 minutes for homework that requires critical thinking and/or complex concepts. These breaks should only last around 10-15 minutes. I like to watch a little Netflix, go on Instagram, Twitter, or Tumblr, or eat a snack.
- If you REALLY need to focus, it's best to not watch any TV. This is especially hard for me for some reason. I like to sit at the computer desk but have no webpages open. The desk is wide and gives me enough room to sprawl all of my binders, composition books, etc. all over the place.
Okay, I'm ending this now before you fall asleep! Just remember to keep cool and stay in school.
*end of public service announcement*
No comments:
Post a Comment