Thursday, October 10, 2013

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 marked the end of football season. It was our last game cheering for varsity football against our cross-town rivals. We won 30-12, I think. These past weeks have honestly made a huge difference in the start of my school year. It's been so much fun-with practices, mini lessons on how football works so we don't go out yelling "Touchdown!" while our team is on defense, Athletic Study Hall on Thursdays, wearing our uniforms to school, the forever awkward, long sleeved crop top that, in the cheer world, is called a unifit, fixing teammates' bows in between chants, turning around and watching the game, doing push-ups whenever our team scored (we we would do as many were on the scoreboard, and today, we did around 80-ish), and getting track burn on my knees from doing various cheers and landing jumps in a not-so-cute way.

Now, we don't have any more games to cheer for...that is, until basketball season starts. Then "winter sports" start up and a handful of cheerleaders will be trying out for soccer. I, however, will be staying on the squad and cheering for guys' basketball. One of the reasons I loved football season so much was that everyone who had made the team was there. But, I wish the best of luck to those who are trying out :) The next few weeks, my fellow cheerleaders and I will be busting our booties to get ready for the first basketball game. 

I don't know what I would have done if I didn't make the squad. Everything has been so worth it. Believe it or not, people respect the bow. A high school cheerleader came to our pre-game practice today. She was gorgeous, and had PERFECT cheer hair-I'm not even joking. I saw her talking to our coach about next year, and about "9th graders" and "cheer squad." That was all I could catch because we were busy rehearsing our dances. She was like a recruiter in a sparkly bow and cheer shoes. But that is the future, and this is now. So no need to think about that at the moment. 

Have a great weekend! For me, it's a 3 day one, so....I'll be enjoying that. Talk to ya later, if I'm even talking to anyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment