Wednesday, September 4, 2013

This Year Is Gonna Be Better

So, it's 6:05 in the morning on September 4, 2013. Why am I up so early? Well, the sunny days and starry night are over for this girl. Today marks the first day of my eighth grade year. And I could not be more excited.

Today, I am proudly sporting red, black, and white, my school colors, by wearing my cheer uniform. We have this "first day back" assembly at my school, and the cheerleaders get to take part in it. I couldn't be more thrilled. I get to be a role model, someone for the seventh graders to look up to. Along with my cheer shell, which is the top that has the school's letters on it, and my skirt, which by the way is also adorable, I get to wear my cheer shoes and these super cute zebra print socks that say "CHEER" on them that the entire team got.

My nails are polished quite nicely, if I do say so myself. Hot pink with multicolored chunky glitter nail polish at the base of the nails.

But other than that, I am really pumped for my classes. I can't wait to see all the people I didn't see at all over summer break. Plus, I got tan, therefore, it looks like I had an amazing summer outside. Which, I did. Ain't no fake tan up in here (except for a teeny bit on my face, so that the color of my face matches the rest of my body).

I think my eighth grade year is going to be different. Mainly because of cheer, but also because I won't be the youngest grade in school. Maddog is movin' up in the world! I woke up at 5 this morning just so that would have enough time to get ready. Yeah, from now on, I think I can wake up at 5:30 and be fine :)

You know that nervous-excited feeling you get whenever something really big is going to happen, like on a rollercoaster, right before you shoot forward down the steep drop? Well, that's exactly how I feel right now. But luckily, I fastened my seatbelt, pulled down the safety bar, and threw my hands up in the air. I couldn't be more ready to be shot forward on the rollercoaster that is my 8th grade year.

No comments:

Post a Comment