Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What To Wear When You're Sick

Since the quote-unquote "cold and flu season" is among us, I thought now would be a perfect time to write a post like this. I, myself, am sick, along with 1/2 of my school. A ton of people caught this coldish-headachey virus or something.

Anyway, to the point of this post. I'm one of those people that tries to look presentable at school (in other words, I try not to come to school often in over-sized hoodies and sweatpants, no matter how tempting that sounds). So, I came up with a little outfit plan for you, including what to do with hair and makeup.

Hair: I like to leave my hair down. It's the most comfortable plus it keeps me warm #longhairdontcare

Makeup: Wear as little as possible. Your immune system is busy fighting that virus, so it doesn't really have time to keep your pimples at bay. It's really important to wear moisturizer, as well! I used my Hope In A Jar one from Philosophy because it's really thick and hydrates my skin nicely. For the rest of my makeup, I just used concealer on a few breakouts, curled my eyelashes and applied mascara, put on some lip balm, and then topped it with a lip gloss.

Top: I'm wearing a plain black "cami" tank top from H & M (super cheap and super cute), and an oversized white sweater from BP @ Nordstrom. It's a great sweater because it's not a thick knit. It gives you room to breathe.

Bottoms: I'm wearing some dark wash, distressed super skinny jeans. They are cute, but also comfy, and easy to move around in.

Shoes: Today, I chose to wear some black "booties" with a kitten heel. You could also wear some flats if that suits your fancy.

Accessories: I kept it minimal today by wearing a teal-ish green colored scarf with different sized dots on it. It's very abstract and adds a pop of color.

Or, you could also join the Scrub Club and wear a crewneck and leggings. The main thing is being comfy, darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment