Friday, September 27, 2013

Wednesday Night Lights-Part 2

Last year, I was in the stands, spilling Cheetos on my lap and watching the football players lose pathetically. And this year, I was on the track, in a uniform and bow, cheering on a football team that won-not pathetically. My dear readers, this is Wednesday Night Lights, Part 2.

We got to the stadium an hour and a half before the game started, running through all of our chants, cheers, and dances. And, to be honest, most of us were nervous for the players. We were playing a notoriously good team. We'll call them CJH. So, it was RJH versus CJH in the epic Night Game of the 2013-2014 school year.

When the crowd finally started arriving, it was a little scary at first. I mean, you mess up, and all these people see you. And people talk. And have phones with cameras. Luckily, nothing too big of a deal happened to me, or any of the other girls, and it was like this rush of adrenaline. It was my first game ever as a cheerleader. And I was so, so, so happy. I thought back to the day of tryouts. Seriously, I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't made the squad, because it's such an amazing feeling to go out and perform for a crowd doing something that you really love.

And, to the best part. RJH won! I mean, it was 6 to 0, but still, we won. Can we just focus on the fact that CJH got ZERO POINTS!! CAN I GET A WHAT WHAT UP ON THIS BLOG?!?!?!?!

The day after at school, everyone was ecstatic. Some football players on my bus yelled "Yeah!" "Go cheerleaders!" at me. And I was all "Oh, thanks :)" Even a few people who don't usually talk to me complimented me on a few of our cheers.

Happy weekend!

XOXO
Maddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment